06 June 2022

Day 5. From Vosges to Jura

Best day so far in terms of the variety of landscapes. Already from Epinal the landscape started to look mountainous. After a warm-up of 30km, cooled by a summer rain shower, I started the ascent to Col du Balloon d'Alsace which reaches a respectable 1165m. The hard earned descent was great!

Traversing Alsace offered me very varied landscapes, often reminding me of my home Transilvania.

Three more climbs brought me into the Swiss Jura canton at Delemont, in the heart of Jura Mountains.

I was lucky that I (just) had enough food with me. On an Ascension Monday almost every place along the way was closed... 

The highlight of the day was the big wild cherry tree on the roadside... Just when I was feeling hungry and thirsty. It was full of ready to eat fruits.


Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/vgxuOAibEqb

























No comments:

Post a Comment