17 June 2022

Day 16. Final Stage

Amazingly, I have reached the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains on the bicycle exactly as planned. The end of the tour was planned at Săvârșin, on the Mureș river valley, 330km from my home in Brașov as I could not find a safe and reasonable direct route over the mountains.
Anyway, 2600 km with almost 20000 m of climbs in 16 days of  cycling is enough I would say!
Cristi, a good friend came to collect me by car. Again, good planning... I arrived 10 seconds before him at the meeting place...

The good thing is that I managed to reach the end of the route unscratched and without any kind of road incident. I also used every item that I had with me and did not miss anything! The bicycle performed amazingly well! Not a flat tire, not a loose screw! The only maintenance I did was to keep the chain reasonable clean and lubricated.

A next post will give more details into planning and how the tour went.



Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/VaYYTDnnWqb












No comments:

Post a Comment