15 June 2022

Day 14. Over the hills to the Danube

Today was one of the hardest days of the tour. I crossed several hills to finally reach the Danube River. 1300m is quite a bit of accumulated altitude gain. The hot weather made all climbs feel twice as hard. I reached over 400m in altitude, just to gradually descend to below 100m at the end of the day by the Danube.
The highlight of the day were the many wild cherry trees full of sweet and juicy fruits along the route...
The worst part was the road across the highest hills from Komlo, a mining town. I was expecting a quiet road through the forest. Instead it was full of big intimidating trucks carrying what I believe was coal. Researching on the net, I found that there are coal mines in that area. I wonder how efficient is to burn diesel fuel to carry coal by trucks...😟. Certainly very bad for the environment! 😢



Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/5bq2my10Sqb













No comments:

Post a Comment