01 January 2021

2020 Summary

 What a crazy year!

It started quite normal... with lots of plans, many flights booked in advance... All the plans crumbled under the pandemic pressure.

I eventually ran 500 more kilometres than the 2400 km target... what else to do during the lock-down periods?... Luckily I managed to get a window of less travel restrictions in September and managed to do a couple of epic mountain runs... see previous two posts.

Interestingly, 2020 is the year I ran fastest... the only year with average pace faster than 6 min/km... Looking an the total elevation gain it becomes clear why...

Let's hope that 2021 will soon get closer to normal... I do not have any plans... just dreams, waiting for the first opportunity to materialize them...


Overall statistics reported bu Strava for 2020 also include other activities that I recorded, such as walking, hiking and skiing. Adding an extra distance of 1800km and 5000m of elevation gain...



No comments:

Post a Comment